1. Don’t Screw With Company Policy, Play Around It : There are many companies, particularly those handling BPO operations, that encourage dating on the premises as long as the employees don’t get too comfortable. However, there are some companies that approach this issue with a lot of circumspection. If you are working in a couple-friendly office, count yourself lucky and if not, don’t consider yourself screwed since there are ways to handle this restriction. Just ensure that you don’t indulge in something that can be easily perceived as couple-centric activities. This relates to the physical chemistry between you and your girl. You can flirt, smile, crack jokes and play with those suggestive expressions, just don’t do anything on the office premises that suggests intimacy or budding romance.
2. Don’t Date Within Your Immediate Working Circle : Most folks argue about the risks of dating a subordinate or a boss, however, what seems more vital is that you mark out your dating territory. For instance, dating somebody who is a part of your intrinsic circle at the office isn't the greatest of decisions. Firstly, the physical proximity with immediate colleagues will ensure that you remain distracted. Further, it will make it harder to conceal your dating footprints. Try to date a coworker from another department, another floor or at least, someone who is seated far-far away from you. Dating somebody seated within a kissing distance from you might be looked upon with contempt by your seniors. This can further lead to accusations of siding with a colleague.
3. Always Play It Safe : No matter how supportive your colleagues and bosses seem to be about dating, ensure that you keep it discrete unless you can announce it with something more credible like an engagement or plans of tying the knot. If not, try to ensure that tales of your office romance don’t become a topic of discussion during the office breaks. Understand that under any circumstances where your work or your professional integrity is questioned, the office romance angle can be worked against you. Disclosing your office romance is equal to providing a character assassination tool to your workplace foes who can use it at their discretion.
4. Keep It Decent: PDA Is Never Acceptable At Work : Whether you choose to be very discrete or not, follow the code of never being too expressive about your feelings for a co-worker anywhere within or near the office. The reason for this precaution is simple—any public display of affection (PDA) is usually interpreted distasteful and crass and when used in or around the office, it translates into plain stupidity that can only compromise your workplace reputation, to the extent or raising questions about your moral fiber. You can go heavy on texting and emailing, but holding hands, being seated conspicuously close or hugging each other and getting too cute when giving her a congratulatory kiss are not recommended.
5. Don’t Start An Affair Where A Recent One Had Ended : This might sound a bit too cowardly for the alpha males out there but women are quite prone to forming grounded opinions about men who have been dumped or those who have had relationships with their friends and colleagues. If you have recently dated and broken it off with somebody in a department or the other office floor, try to give it some cooling time before you start to explore in the same region. This can save you the humiliation of being turned down repeatedly or finding a date who has many, preconceived (not good ones) notions about you.
6. Office Romances Beg Honesty : You shouldn’t try cross-dating or multi-dating in the office. This is simply too big a risk that can leave you red-faced in front of your colleagues and seniors. In fact, before you start dating a co-worker, come clean about whom you had dated before from the organization and what is your status with her at the moment. (Dating, MensXP.com)
7. Have An Understanding With Her : There is always a chance that despite your best efforts to conceal your workplace romantic endeavors, you get spotted as a couple and the issue ruffles your x. Make your girl understand that this kind of situation is always a possibility in an office romance and thus, if something like this were to happen, you would distance yourself from her, i.e. only within the office. Make her understand that this would be just a precaution to ensure that your career doesn’t get jeopardized.